Friday, April 07, 2006

Drawing a car in public

Posted by PicasaWhile waiting on DH's car to have the oil changed and be detailed I sat outside the waiting room and drew. I decided when I got home to add a little color with watercolor pencils (this paper is not designed for any wet medium). No one seem to find it strange at all, one guy actually told me it was a great way to pass the time. He and I then proceeded to have a discussion on drawing and our favorite artists. So many people talk about drawing in public with fear and trembling, I have never really had any problem drawing around absolute strangers. I am much more afraid to draw around people that I know or will see again. (oh well, my daughters do tell me I am a bit strange)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Karen -- this is awesome! I can't believe I haven't seen these recent blog posts until now -- I have you on bloglines but it didn't pop up (grrrr!) I love that you're not afraid of drawing in public, and you shouldn't be. Great job.