Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Artichoke

This drawing was for my Botanical Drawing class. I was really struggling with it due to the (self imposed) pressure of it being "for a class". I then remembered that there was an EDM challenge to draw a vegetable. So I decided that this was an EDM challenge instead of for class which made it much easier to handle (go figure). I didn't finish the stem because the artichoke gave out on me before I could finish. Overall I am pleased with the way it came out and am contemplating trying one in colored pencil. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lin said...

SO GLAD you joined the EDM group -- your artichoke is FANTASTIC!!!! Great shape, shading -- I'm ready for some butter and a taste!!! Post more -- you're sketches are fantastic!

Hashi said...

Gorgeous! So glad you are sharing with us!

Terri said...

Wonderful! So much detail! I think the shading is beautifully done too. :o)

Linda said...

Karen - you did it -- good for you! Great drawing of the artichoke!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to our EDM group! Your drawings are really good and I'm glad you decided to join us as we all travel the artistic journey together.
I'll look forward to seeing more of your art!

Anonymous said...

Karen, this is such a lovely drawing. I am a big fan of your sister Linda and I am sure to be a big fan of you, too. Glad you've started this blog!