Thursday, February 23, 2006

Snowball

Posted by PicasaI purchased "The Creative License" by Danny Gregory this past week. I am really enjoying it, but using a pen and not erasing is a bit intimidating. One weird thing I have discovered though is that I actually relax a bit more than I do with pencil. Maybe it is because I have no idea how to go about shading with a pen so I know I don't have to worry about that part of it or maybe it is because I am doing it on scraps of paper and things like that and it is very easy just to throw it away (as opposed to being in a book). I was actually very pleased with this drawing of Snowball (the big fat guinea pig) that I did the other night - it really looks like him.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Aw -- there's the big sweet baby! Good job! What kind of pen are you using? Have you tried the scribbling gesture drawing things (I think we talked about those) with pen? I really like pen better than pencil in a lot of ways!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I really love this sketch of Snowball! I think you did a very good job of capturing his/her likeness.
You know, I think you and I have the same problem with finding that pen sketches are relaxing. Mine have been kind of scribbly because I know I can't erase, and because I tend to speed up when using ink. You have done a wonderful job with your drawing. I could take a lesson from you.
Thanks for sharing!