Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Having fun with perspective

Posted by Picasa During my last Drawing II class the instructor talked about formal perspective. This had not been discussed earlier since it is "not used" in botanical drawing. For the last part of class we were given the option of completing any drawings that we needed to complete or do whatever we wanted. I decided to work on perspective since I had someone there who could help me. This was fun. I think it appeals to my left brain. I tried to add some shapes to some of the buildings so that everything wasn't so square. Some of the proportions are off but that's ok (and that is why there is only one person and no cars, bikes, trolleys or anything else)
Posted by Picasa While dinner was cooking and I was waiting on DH to get home I decided to add a little color and detail. Miss A helped to pick colors. Living where almost all the buildings are natural colors it was fun to use pink, purple and peacock blue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I'm so jealous! Really, I could never in a million years manage anything like those two drawings. Seriously, I can't wrap my head around the whole perspective thing. I always end up with something or several somethings out of line. I really admire you for doing these drawings. They're awesome! Hmm; maybe You should teach me about perspective.....

Linda said...

Wow! I realy like this. Perspective makes me shudder, even though it is essential. These are really great. Tell the girls hi and that I love them.