Monday, March 06, 2006

Self Portrait

Posted by PicasaThe EDM challenge was a self portrait. Well at least I tried. There are some parts of it that turned out pretty well. I never seem to be able to draw myself. I can't quite get the subtle shading of the face. This was definitely a challenge and it did turn out much better than the first self portrait I did several months ago as I was reading "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain". (In that one I had a real pig nose) It is encouraging to see that I am improving. Maybe I will need to try this again in another six months or so and see the change.

5 comments:

Sue Seibert said...

I especially like your hair, eyes, and mouth. Good work!

Marilyn said...

Karen - great eyes!! I bet they are more beautiful in person.
Marilyn

Anastasia said...

looks good!!! nice details - I might give mine another go!

Linda said...

Very good work! I would say this DOES look remarkably accurate, except that maybe your face isn't quite that wide. (And you're even better looking than this pic.) It also makes me realize, yet again, how much your youngest looks like you.
:-)

Teri said...

Wow, I am duly impressed with your skill on this--beautiful job!