Friday, March 03, 2006

Spines

Posted by PicasaWell I am not sure if it is finished but I am done. Overall I am pleased with the way that it turned out. It amazes me how much better it looks on the computer.

I did learn several things as I worked on this. (1) Bristol Board Plate is so smooth that it scratches easily which can lead to streaks, (2) It is possible to apply so much graphite that the paper won't take anymore - this became evident on the right hand side as I tried to darken it with a 4B and nothing happened. I had been told that this was possible but had never had anything that had gotten to that point, and (3) If the pencil keeps grabbing it is probably a good time to get a different pencil or in my case a different brand of pencils.

I really appreciate all the comments and suggestions on the WIP. Thanks so much.

2 comments:

Linda said...

REALLY very good! Can I have it for my birthday?

Marilyn said...

Karen, I'm taken with your 'spines'. I just looked at a 'fish hook' cactus Teri did, and it was outstanding as well. I like the micro detail.
Marilyn